the mockup, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but the 650L body panels are rather unique.
    tanks is as well
    and the bike itself seems rare in classifieds.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Just figured the 550L or 750L would be the same... Guess not.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
        Sorry to disappoint, but the 650L body panels are rather unique.
        Oh, another reason to not ruin the OEM paint.

I'm of the opinion that once you go down that route, you'll never be able to get back to the original paint scheme. Or...yeah maybe paying an insane amount to somebody who's still proficient in that art, dunno
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

@timebombprod maybe it's already covered in the thread, but where did you get the seat shown in the early mock ups? The tank and bidy panels on my 650L are good, but the seat is ... well ... the seat
          Current rides: GS650L, GS550T, GL500, GL1100, Bonnie, Triumph Adventurer, Guzzi California

Comment

Originally posted by sacruickshank View Post
            @timebombprod maybe it's already covered in the thread, but where did you get the seat shown in the early mock ups? The tank and bidy panels on my 650L are good, but the seat is ... well ... the seat

sorry havent been on here for more than a quick check for a while, same exact one as mine its a great seat in my opinion havent went back to the oem since, a little bit firmer but no weird arch in the seat like the oem one if you're a taller guy.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/11304196120...MaAtoBEALw_wcB

sorry havent been on here for more than a quick check for a while, same exact one as mine its a great seat in my opinion havent went back to the oem since, a little bit firmer but no weird arch in the seat like the oem one if you're a taller guy.
              Thanks. Not yet sure if I want to drop that much cash. Plus mines an '83, so i'll have to see if there are any subtle diffs between model years.
              Current rides: GS650L, GS550T, GL500, GL1100, Bonnie, Triumph Adventurer, Guzzi California

Comment

Go ahead and paint it green, it's your bike, make it your own! Who cares what anyone else thinks, just be sure to paint the words "Snot Blossom" on the tank so people know what they're looking at.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like timebombprod.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like timebombprod.

this is the final mockup for the bike and also how it will end up turning out, everything except the motor currently being done, ill have to paint the motor myself. im also going to have to figure out the best way to repair the tanks paint as best as possible.

Last edited by timebombprod; 04-27-2022, 10:58 PM.
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

Very nice. Of course, were it a KZ, it's value would triple. And green would be OK.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I wonder how the kz650 would compare to this 650 or I guess the more similar E model, I've just been told that the Suzukis handling is more refined but I haven't ridden both.
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                      X