No announcement yet.

Intake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting closer to the problem. Do a complete cleaning of the carbs.

Comment

So I pulled the bike out for the first ride of the season, and promptly flooded cylinders 1 and 2 lol. I took the carbs off over the winter and they are as clean as clean can get so clogged jets are not the issue at all. I replaced all the plugs too, because I got too excited and snapped one because I forgot to take the boot off lol. Some proper NGK D8EAs haha. I’ll see if I can find the thread again, but after my first ride of the season the thought hit me: I’m having issues starting the bike without the petcock on prime, I idle high after a few minutes, and when I pulled my plugs all of them had white tips on the ends….i think I need to up my jets! Too much air makes it run hot, and even if the jets are perfectly clean, if they’re not big enough there will always be too much air in the piston. The previous owner put a 4-to-1 exhaust on it and I’m thinking it’s just running through too much air. Can’t remember if I listed the jets here but I’m thinking I should just got up a size to see if that makes the problem any better.

Comment

Working...
      X