Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruzin' Image Intake Boots - Are They Holding Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruzin' Image Intake Boots - Are They Holding Up?

Crikey, I've had my 1983 GS850G for, let's see... 26 years? Really?

And I've ridden it, well, everywhere, and let's just say I have not been gentle for well over 100,000 miles.

Anyway, it's running perfectly wonderfully, but I'm starting to think I should order up a set of new intake boots (the ones between the carb and cylinder head (although a spare set of airbox/carb rubbers might be good to scare up too). Because the bike was only about 14 years old when I bought it, and the original intakes caused no end of trouble until I figured out that they and the o-rings were "perished", as the Brits say. The math is gonna catch up sooner or later, ya know? Mine are still working fine, but the thin rubber over the aluminum flange has started to flake off

Fortunately, these are still available from Suzuki for just under $30 each. Call it $130-ish with tax.

Orrrrrrr... Cruzin' Image has a set of four for $29.95, plus whatever shipping from Japan costs.

I installed Cruzin Image boots on another bike about three years ago, and they seemed perfectly skookum. But I haven't seen that bike since, which I suppose may be a good sign.

Does the GSR Hive Mind have any data points on long-term longevity of Cruzin' Image intake boots?

As to the airbox/carb boots, they are NLA from Suzuki and not available from Cruzin' Image. But I did find this, from a shop making reproduction rubber bits for all sorts of machines:
    Set of 4Suzuki Part #13881-490701982 GS850GL1982 GS850G1983 GS850G1983 GS850GL 1981 GS850GL (MODEL X)1980 GS850GL (MODEL X)

They don't make the cylinder head side boots, but this seems like a good option for the airbox side.

Any experiences with Clauss? Looks like great stuff.
    Last edited by bwringer; 08-15-2023, 01:35 PM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

ive used thier stuff on the 78 1000 without issue. I got the 750 boots because they are the same fit as a 1000 airbox
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I've used their boots on one of my bikes for over 6 years without any issues.
      Ron
      When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
      1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
      1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
      1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
      1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

no problems here, too with the Cruzinimage boots.
        Been using them for many years.
        Like their GS1000 pistons.

But have heard about some others having issues.
        Few and far between, might be user problems.
        Many people use that stuff, would think if they have quality issues
        the complaints would be all over the web.
        Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
        VM Carb rebuild tutorial
        Bikecliff's website
        The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Okey dokey, what the hey; I've ordered up a set.

$22 shipping to the US, though. That was a little ouchy. So $51.95 total. I'll report on any developments.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
          X