• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
    DAYUMMMMM!!
    Bakersfield sounds like a cool place...
    maybe i should have stopped by while i was out west
    You should've. You're welcome here. Lot's of good roads and I'm sure I could of scrounged up a bike for you.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It is a stock 81 GS1100 that has been sitting for years. I'm just going to ride it in town, but I want it to run good. I don't know wheather to find a stock carb, (outside left, sitting on bike) or look for a set of 36mm's off an 1150. I take it they are different then the 36mm RS flatsides. The RS seem rather expensive from what I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by drmaxdc View Post
        It is a stock 81 GS1100 that has been sitting for years. I'm just going to ride it in town, but I want it to run good. I don't know wheather to find a stock carb, (outside left, sitting on bike) or look for a set of 36mm's off an 1150. I take it they are different then the 36mm RS flatsides. The RS seem rather expensive from what I've seen so far.
        There is a set of 1150 carbs on Fleabay right now. They seem to be missing a float bowl and possibly some other things. I can fill in the blanks if you choose to purhase.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

I saw those, You think that would make mine run good? Would my stock boots work?

Comment

I saw those, You think that would make mine run good? Would my stock boots work?
            If the motor is good yes.
            And yes to the boots.
            You will need a left handlebar switch for the choke if you have the choke that goes up through the triple tree.

Comment

Are they 34 or 36mm?

Comment

Simplest and cheapest path is to just fix your existing carbs. Chef and Blowerbike are hotrodders and want to see everyone go broke just like they are from overspending on their bikes.

Get a replacment carb body, get an o-ring kit from cycleorings.com, and do a proper carb rebuild using the tutorial on the GSR homepage. All said and done you can get everything together for $40 or less and save all the headache of rejetting a set of carbs never set up for your bike.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I have the oring kit, placed a add on the wanted forum, but no response yet for a carb body.

Comment

I have the oring kit, placed a add on the wanted forum, but no response yet for a carb body.
                    I responded in your wanted thread - you need to specify which exact carb body you need. Also, Tkent and Chef already offered to help so you might want to drop them a PM with details of what you need.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I responded that it was a left outside carb. (sitting on the bike). Sorry for the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                        Simplest and cheapest path is to just fix your existing carbs. Chef and Blowerbike are hotrodders and want to see everyone go broke just like they are from overspending on their bikes.

Get a replacment carb body, get an o-ring kit from cycleorings.com, and do a proper carb rebuild using the tutorial on the GSR homepage. All said and done you can get everything together for $40 or less and save all the headache of rejetting a set of carbs never set up for your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                          Are you broke Terry? My body is at times especially when it rains. That's why I live in Bako.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                            Are you broke Terry? My body is at times especially when it rains. That's why I live in Bako.
                            hmmmm,
                            broke financially, spiritual, body...or all of the above?
                            i click on all of the above.
                            tell Merle Haggard i said hello.

Comment

What is the meaning of the word "Nessism"?
                              Old boring fartiness?
                              My motto is:
                              "Too much power is never quite enough"

Comment

Gearhead, I like your stye of thinking! I come from the school of "Too much is just right!" Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X