No announcement yet.

re-jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found this on ebay from a 1982 GS450T, which is supposed have the same carbs. and it does look about the same as mine which makes me think my carbs could actually be stock-although they have taken part of the main jet out- it definitely explains why dynojet doesn't make a kit for my bike.. where uio wouldusally screw the main jet out there is a brass tube?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Looks as though the jets may be in the float bowls but I can't tell with those itty bitty pics.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Please wait
        Image not available

Picture Size:

Comment

heres the float bowls, i can see the pilot jet is mounted in them-
          ooops! i never thought to look there, i dont even know how they work like that.
          chef-how did you manage to pick that out?

there still is the issue of how i get the main jet out, and is it replaceable with a bigger jet though.
          If so, im not sure how to find the right jet to fit in their because this doesn't seem to be a standard set up,????
          Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish as I see this is something going on for quite awhile.

I have a GS450 I'm using as a test-stand right now.

What is it you are trying to do so I may assist?

Comment

thanks,
              im trying to put bigger main jets and bigger pilot jets in.
              at first i couldnt find the pilot, but now i see its in the float bowl.

how do I remove the main jet ?--i dont see a slot to un screw it.
              How do I find replacement jets that will fir these carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
                thanks,
                im trying to put bigger main jets and bigger pilot jets in.
                at first i couldnt find the pilot, but now i see its in the float bowl.

how do I remove the main jet ?--i dont see a slot to un screw it.
                How do I find replacement jets that will fir these carbs?
                The main jet is in the float bowl, remove the drain plug and look UP.
                Those other 3 orifices you are looking at are for the "pilot" circuit.

Comment

i never thought to look there! Thanks!!!!
                  whats a test-stand?
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

i never thought to look there! Thanks!!!!
                    As I see you changing from stock air-box; well, I usually condone such procedures UNLESS your bike has the hrs. to cause EROSION on jets. If that's the case, well, errr, uhmmm, it's OVERSIZED already?

STILL, no idea why you're doing this...

Especially noting that you are working on carbs. with the drain plug STILL installed???
                    Are you sure you want to continue?
                    Have you ALREADY CUT your stock air-box?

whats a test-stand?

Didn't intend to sound harsh but I seriously think that you are chasing another problem?
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

thanks again for all your help, i can see the jets now. Im gonna try to re-jet to use the pods, i can always go back to the airbox and I think it will be fun to try.

The size is not listed on the jets. I know the main jet is 115, but ive seen two different sizes listed for the pilot jet-17.5 on the bikebandit schematic and 45 on a carb spec chart in the forum

Does anyone know the pilot jet size for the 80'-82' GS450?
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Look here
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks, found it there---

1980-1982 GS450 Carbs

The Mikuni BS34SS is a Suzuki OEM number, the actual carb is a VM34

Stock jets:

Mikuni pilot jet part #004-003 (17.5)

Mikuni main jet part #004-291 (115)

Comment

Anyway, if you want "pods", just remove the "restrictor-plate" as in Indy500 or sumtin' like dat; den, u "re-jet" dat crappy CV carb.

Okay, now why would anyone throw away $$$ on re-jetting a CV carb?

I would just change from CV to slide carbs.

Just makes more sense than fighting what...

Or, GO Fuel Injection!!!
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2010, 04:14 AM.

Comment

how would I find slide carbs thatd be compatible?

Comment

how would I find slide carbs thatd be compatible?
                                Bud, just find a kit with the NEEDLE.
                                Someone mentioned earlier a JC III stage sumting or oddah?
                                And that looks like it comes with a PROPER needle.

Comment

Working...
                                X