re-jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
    how would I find slide carbs thatd be compatible?
    Can you tell us how much you have spent already?

Comment

Originally posted by teddux View Post
      Can you tell us how much you have spent already?
      Nice attitude.

Comment

i spent about $25 on jets, and the emgo's were $20 for 2, which doesn't seem like alot to me. Anyways, its been alot of fun tinkering so far and ive gotten some performance improvements already

Comment

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
          i spent about $25 on jets, and the emgo's were $20 for 2, which doesn't seem like alot to me. Anyways, its been alot of fun tinkering so far and ive gotten some performance improvements already
          Have you gotten the needle shimming figured?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks chef, got the shims figured out

Comment

Hey I've been thinking about a similar setup (EMGO pods, stock exhaust), and I've got a bunch of questions...

-How have the pods been, performance-wise? (I'm just curious, I want to convert to pods to eliminate the airbox)
              -According to the re-jet guide, I should probably be at a 120 with pods, correct? What jets are you running?
              -How much did you have to shim the needle?

Thanks!

Comment

So happy I just found this thread! I've been ripping my hair out looking at what jets I'll need to get once I get my K&N pods and exhaust done, and I couldn't work out what a BS34SS was in Mikuni speak... a VM34... much better

I'm hoping to order my K&N's next week (pay day) and once I get the first start done and dusted, I should be taking the bike to Tranzac to make my exhaust.
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

posted the same question in another thread but: pods on an 81 gs650gl, stock jets are 110 on the mains, suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X