No announcement yet.

Prime after time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd either try a repair with JB Weld or get another carb body.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

So I drained the bowls while the bike was on the center stand. The same amount of fuel came out of all except for the #1 carb. I think this is because the fuel line and filter drained along with the bowl. So this looks okay I think. I got new seals to go between the carb boots and head. I figured while I had it apart, why not. All of the seals were dry and hard, it looked like they were all leaking. The boot on #2 actually fell apart when I was taking it off. I'm sure that it was leaking lots and lots of air. Checked all of the other boots and they all look fine. So, ordering a new boot now. Fixing the leaking choke/idle circuit. Replacing all of the seals in the carbs. I guess I will see where this takes me. I'm thinking that if it ran pretty good before, it should blow me away after I'm done with it.

Comment

Anyone want to place bets as to how well the thing will run NOW!

Comment

Right! I'm thinking it's going to be like a whole new bike.

Comment

Did you fix that choke supply pipe?
            It should be easy enough to solder.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X