77 GS750B carb shaft grease type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS750B carb shaft grease type?

Im in the middle of cleaning my carbs VM26s everything is going well dipped and a complete O ring set what type of grease would be correct for the throttle shaft that passes through all the tops of the carbs.Thanks Yogi
    Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2010, 12:48 PM.

Anything is fine, it's not a high speed, high temp or high pressure application.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Someone is missing a market opportunity here to sell "carb shaft grease" in teensy .25 gram tubes for $12.99 each...

You'd think the mooks who sell the special expensive grease for computer CPUs would be all over this untapped market...

In situations like this, I just use whatever non-moly grease I have lying around, which is usually a red, blue, or green waterproof bearing grease.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        Someone is missing a market opportunity here to sell "carb shaft grease" in teensy .25 gram tubes for $12.99 each...

You'd think the mooks who sell the special expensive grease for computer CPUs would be all over this untapped market...

In situations like this, I just use whatever non-moly grease I have lying around, which is usually a red, blue, or green waterproof bearing grease.
        Yup... Like Brian said, waterproof bearing grease will do the job just fine. And apply it sparingly. Honestly I'd only grease the insides of the guides the shaft goes through. Grease attracts grime and dirt, not something you want hanging all over your carbs simply because it makes them harder to work on when/ if you do have to...

One thing I've been looking around for are some smallish rubber stoppers to stick into the adjustment screw bores after you remove the factory caps. Just something to keep crap outa there, but easy to pull when you need to adjust things...(totally off topic, sorry)

Comment

Working...
        X