breather hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breather hose

hey guys the breather port in my airbox is clogged with something from the p.o just found it so i know the breather is not getting any air .. what will it do if it stays clogged up? can i just put a pod filter on it? it seems to be filled with something hard as hell .tryed to dig it out but i cant get it all the way out

Hi,

If it's really plugged up tightly there is a chance that your engine could become over-pressurized and start squirting oil from the seams. It shouldn't be difficult to unclog the breather input on the airbox. Can you punch it out with a screwdriver? Have you taken out the filter to look inside the airbox?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

i tryed to dig it out but its hard like like a rock is there anything i can do or do i need to keep the hose off of it

Comment

Pod filter would be fine for the breather

Comment

wonder where i could get one that small the hose is not that big

Comment

Hi,

I'd try to drill it out if it's that hard. Or maybe some CLR would work to dissolve it. What is it? Rust? Sediment? Improperly installed air filter cage? Breather filters can be found all over at places like J.C. Whitney and Dennis Kirk.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by jtrip View Post
              it seems to be filled with something hard as hell .
              These silly POs.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The PO probably plugged it with epoxy thinking it was "leaking" oil. Drill the plug out of it. You said your engine had an oil leak? It's probably overpressurized. That can harm your piston rings too.

Comment

I've seen a few of these clogged with rust. On metal airboxes, of course.

And yes, it's important.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                  X