GS1000G Carb Boot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G Carb Boot Question

Okay, I hate to reopen this can of worms, but can someone definitively say which way the carb boots on the GS1000G are oriented? I'm working on a GS1000 and the previous owner removed the carbs and boots to replace the boots, but never got to it. I have new boots, but I'm not sure which way they go on. Since they're angled, they have an offset "thick" side and a "thin" side. If I mount them with the thick side more or less down, the port orientation would be the straightest, but the air cleaner box is hell to fit. If I orient them with the "thin" side down, the air cleaner box fits better, but the angle of the carbs is quite pronounced. Can someone with a GS1000G check theirs and give me the scoop?

There should be two lefts and two rights. They should be marked L or R.

This is the boot from a GS850, but it's the same idea (the 850 boots have sync ports, but not the 1K) The marking goes on top:
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
    X