My Homemade Manometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcorbin View Post
    Actually, if you look at the 'L' model for '79 it does have a crossover tube (yes, 'E' does not) but there is no change in the manual for syncing the 'L' compared to the 'E'. But then, the 'L' also got an integrated regulator/rectifier so it must have had all the 'fancy' upgrades!
    Way late to respond to this but my 79' L does not have a crossover.

Comment

Last year I built a manometer based on your model, but I haven't yet used it. Thanks for the video.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Just Sync'd the carbs on my 1100G from this design and wanted to add a couple of tips for any first-timers out there.

- I Purchased VOSS water bottles from Walmart. They were about $2.50 per bottle, but I ended up with a real tall bottle & 1 1/2" rubber stopper which was perfect.
        - Spent $10 for 5mm brass adapters rather than "drilling & glueing". If you do this- throw the o-ring and use the factory washer.
        - Used 3/16 inside diameter tubing which fit the brass adapters, gave a very smooth and even vacuum, no surging or splashing.
        - When you get it set, let it idle for a few minutes, I got mine to stay almost even between all four after it was all over.

***- I do recommend a small design change: adding a(four total) fitting(splice) on the carb side (4ft vac hose) would allow you to even out the bottles by blowing into the full bottle, without removing the line from the carb adapter. Not a big deal- however, it would save time not having to reach around to the opposite side carbs. Also, you wont risk bending or breaking you're brass adapter!

Overall, I think it is a great design and worked very well for me. Bike idles much better, starts better and much crisper throttle response.
        No doubt there are better ways to sync, but not on my budget. THANKS!

diy man.jpg
        Last edited by Guest; 10-21-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X