carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbs

Does anybody know if the intake manifold boots off a 1980 550 l usa import will fit 1982 usa 850 gl.I need boots and have a 550 l in my brothers shed.Conan
    1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Hi,

The fist thing to do is check the part numbers. If they are different then they will probably not be interchangeable.

Or have a look here (found it on some guy's website):

(Free) Parts Cross-Reference Procedure - using a couple of our favorite online resources.

CLICK HERE to download a PDF guide for the Alpha-Sports site cross-reference.
    (Note: If
    the newer part numbers return no results, use the older, superseded numbers.)
    1. Start here:
    Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

2. Find your bike by year and model. Select the part you wish to reference.

3. Identify the part number, right-click and copy the part number.

4. Then use Babbit's cross-reference utility here:

5. Under the "Parts Search" heading, make sure the "Select:" pull-down menu says "Suzuki".

6. Under the "Parts Search by Model" heading, make sure the pull-down menu says "Suzuki".

6. Right-click and paste the part number copied from Alpha-Sports into the box labeled "Part:".

7. Click "Quick Lookup".

8. In the results box click the "Select Model" link.

You are then presented with a pop-up box with every model that the referenced part will fit.

Note: Alpha-Sports also has a parts cross-reference in the pull-down menu under "Special Tools", click "Parts Finder: All".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Cheers bass cliff looks like they won`t fit even though they look identical.Conan
      1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

They might fit.
        I would try if I had them sitting around. Buying new ones is the way to go.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Cheers ordered them online and got good deal from usa.Does anybody know if the screws that are for idle adjusting (4) of them at top of each open hole where choke sliding bar is can be replaced there not showing up on parts diagram.2 are seized.Conan
          1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

The screws are still available, try Z1 Enterprises. They might be closed the next few days.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The o-rings are the same size, but the boots have different part numbers.

I suspect the offset is different.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I would think that the 550 boots would be closer to the 650 boots than the 850.

I can tell you for sure that 650 boots will not work, so I will guess that the 550 boots will NOT fit your 850.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Had a look at z1 enterprises still cant find the screws does anybody have a part number.Also just discovered the screws are not moving are not flat,pozi or philips head they look like 2 v`s facing each other with small gap in middle.What sort of screwdriver would this be,the 2 that are moving are flat heads.Conan
                  Last edited by angus; 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM.
                  1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

2 v`s facing each other with small gap in middle.
                    Buggered flatheads??? or the staked in "dont adjustme " anti pollution caps.

Comment

Probably the "staked in "dont adjustme " anti pollution caps" whatever they are.Should 2 only be able 2 be adjusted,have the haynes manual on order will have it soon so it`s just guess work at moment.Conan
                      1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

Working...
                      X