Carbs on a 450L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs on a 450L

Can I just say pulling the carbs on a 450 are a bear? The Japanese who designed the carb/engine/airbox setup never dreamed that people would actually ever want to pull the carbs off to clean them.

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
    Can I just say pulling the carbs on a 450 are a bear? The Japanese who designed the carb/engine/airbox setup never dreamed that people would actually ever want to pull the carbs off to clean them.

There is an engineer somewhere laughing his arse off about how hard he made removing these carbs!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

remove the front section (IF YOURS IS LIKE THIS???)from the rear fender.. that way the airbox wil slide back farther!

Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2013, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
        remove the front section (IF YOURS IS LIKE THIS???)from the rear fender.. that way the airbox wil slide back farther!

I'll keep that in mind for next time. It didn't dawn on us to disassemble part of the fender too.

Comment

Rumour has it Suzuki handed the engineer an airbox and said "design me a bike for this"...

Hence I have K&N pods now
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            There is an engineer somewhere laughing his arse off about how hard he made removing these carbs!
            Or the Engineer was told, after you finish the airbox design your getting laid off....
            -Mark
            Boston, MA
            Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
            sigpic
            1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
            X