Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update! Progress report

Hi All,

Steve came out this past Saturday and was an incredible help.

He stopped by Friday, having been in town anyway, to do an assessment, so we knew we wouldn't be getting the bike fired up on Saturday anyway, but from where the bike was on Friday to where she was by Saturday evening was an extreme improvement.

Carbs have been rebuilt, and I got the rundown on two of them before I got called away to get the gas turned on at my new place. I got back just in time to learn how to assemble the carbs and bench sync them.

Then we adjusted my valves, which was a pretty great learning experience. After that, we worked up a parts list of stuff I need to get through the next round. I've created a spreadsheet and am currently pricing all parts to save money where I can.

Also, a big thanks to Mike of BBV, who sent two air intake boots to me to replace the cracked one. I'm going ahead and replacing the other two as well. Coming along nicely; thanks Steve, Mike and GS Resources!

Comment

Let me know when the parts come in, so we can finish the job.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I love happy endings.

Comment

Working...
        X