1983 gs550e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 gs550e

Anyone got and exploded view of the carbs they could post? I want to go through them but I have never seen these two barrel carbs before. they are mikuni

Do you need more than this?

'83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Perfect !!! Thanks

Comment

Ok is there a magical method to reinstalling the carb group? I didn't unbolt the air box to remove them . The boots were pliable enough but I can see the reinstall is going to be tight.

Comment

You'll have to unbolt the airbox and rear fender then move both back as far as possible.

Also, please put your bike info in your signature block so we don't have to wonder what bike you are referring to.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sorry to sound stupid but how do I add my bike to my signature block?

Comment

It's in the User CP,blue box on the left.

Comment

What SV said, User CP, Edit Signature
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ok hopefully I have the signature thing figured out , Thanks. In regards to moving the airbox, Isnt the battery box going to be in the way as well?

Comment

just unbolt the airbox and push it back, should be enough room to wiggle the carbs back on

Comment

Isnt the battery box going to be in the way as well?
                      When putting the carbs back in, go from the right hand side and attach throttle and choke cables first. Use some silicone lube or WD40 in the throats of the rubber boots to help slide in the carbs and if the boots are a bit hard heat them up with an electric paint stripper gun to make them pliable.

I find it easiest to introduce the carbs at a 45 degree angle and pull up as I push forward. sometimes it helps to use a piece of wood as a lever on the airboxside of the carb. another method that works well is to use a ratchet strap around the carb and the head to pull them in.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Thanks all ! We have a runner! Now on to jetting.

Comment

Working...
                        X