X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by purplemotoman View Post
      Fuel is fresh. Carbs are jetted for pods. There is fuel in the bowls. When I crack the bottom screw it pours gas. Spark plugs are dry. If I put my hand over carb end the bike tries to start but just blows a huge flame out the exhaust. I tore down the carbs, dunked and put back together. I didn't touch the air screw though.
      It sure sounds like your en-richer circuit is plugged up. Did you make certain that the brass tube that goes into the chamber of the float bowl is clear as well as the orifices/passages in the float bowl?

Comment

Firing order, Left coil sitting on bike is#1 top #4 bottom, riht coil#3top #2 bottom.
        81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

The bike did or didn't run when you got it ? Plug wires on wrong rr timing chain jumped would be my guess. Even if no gas got to the choke it wouldn't backfire out the carb, just my opinion, trying to help

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
            If you're getting a flame out the exhaust, it is firing on an open exhaust valve.
            Sure you haven't crossed a plug wire or two ?
            Dave you hit on the nose,if the wires were like he said, they are wrong. Good call.
            Last edited by yank; 05-01-2014, 07:56 PM.
            81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help. I will be at it tomorrow, so I will keep everyone informed.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone. So good news...switched the wires around and it fired right up. Now I have to replace the petcock and then I will be able to take it for a run.
                Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by purplemotoman View Post
                  Good afternoon everyone. So good news...switched the wires around and it fired right up. Now I have to replace the petcock and then I will be able to take it for a run.
                  Thanks for all the help.

Good deal and your welcome
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X