Barr's O-ring Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barr's O-ring Installation

I got Robert Barr's O-ring's for my carbs, and I wondered if there is a guide or step-by-step for installing these. I want to make sure I install them to the correct item, and some of the o-rings don't have labels for where to install. A picture guide would be awesome if it's available. Just want to get it right! And yes, I do have the instructions it came with, but it doesn't cover all the o-rings.

The last kit I bought were all labelled, A, B, C, D etc...

I do not know of a picture guide, specifically for the sets, but BassCliff's carb tutorial combined with your parts fiche should get you close.

Is there a specific size that is goving you problems?

Link from Robert Barr's website:

Last edited by BigD_83; 07-13-2014, 04:02 PM.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

If you have the bike in your sig, you should have a CV kit. There are 4 sizes, and three of them are labeled. The tiny ones aren't, and are obviously for the metering screw / mixture screw / <insert your nomenclature here>. If you asked for the Drain screw O-rings, there's a fifth size -- also labeled. Has a big 'D' on the label.

On this site, Basscliff's website and on mine, you'll find a highly detailed step-by-step pictorial on how to rebuild those carbs. Here's one. There's another, also for the CV's, that's a little more up to date. A quick search should bring it up.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
      X