Manual (Pingel) Petcock Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual (Pingel) Petcock Adapter

I bought a used Pingel petcock off that auction site and did not really like the generic adapter plate Pingel sells so i made my own. it accepts all stock Suzuki gaskets. pix....

Why didn't you make a petcock?
    Your reserve will be much less with that adapter plate extension.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

nice machine work but i agree with bill...less reserve capacity now.

Comment

Very nice machine work my concern would be how far the valve would hang down
        sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
        1994 gsxr1100w
        1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

thanks for the supportive comments guys. when assembled, the standpipe ports are in a comparable position to the oem petcock and it hangs no lower than the oem unit. closeup pics make it seem large but its tiny; less than an inch tall.

Comment

the pingle reserve capacity is given from the thinner adapter that pingle sells for there valves.
            you would guage off of this rather than comparing to a factory fuel valve.
            maybe not enough fuel difference to tell but i think the pingle plate is 3/8".
            again nice machine work..

Comment

stunning work

Stunning work there. So you lose a little of the reserve, no big deal: Adjust it, it's not that hard!
              So would you produce these for fellow GSers? And if so could you give us an approx idea of cost?

Cheers, Mike.

Comment

It is very nice work. It seems like it would be straight forward to recess the pintos to the same depth as their original plate.

Comment

ummm, then you would have little to no threads NPT...ya know?
                  pintos...and beans or a ford product?
                  those not so often used words get me every time...though i do love pintos and cheese....mmmmm
                  Last edited by blowerbike; 08-23-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

i do like being able to use the factory o-ring though..
                    can i assume this is free hand or was CNC produced?

Comment

blowerbike, this was made on a Fadal CNC mill using GibbsCam software to draw the geometry and program the code. design is mine; reverse engineering by inspection of the factory petcock to obtain critical dimensions. that o-ring groove would be a tough deal on a manual mill.

for those that inquired about buying one, i'd love to, but for personal projects, my work requires that i do things only for myself, on my own time, and not for resale. for the benefit of using their machines i feel obliged to honor that agreement. the goal within the next 5 years or so is to have my own CNC, or two

Comment

Sure is some purdy machine work there for sure.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by garagepunkfan View Post
                          blowerbike, this was made on a Fadal CNC mill using GibbsCam software to draw the geometry and program the code. design is mine; reverse engineering by inspection of the factory petcock to obtain critical dimensions. that o-ring groove would be a tough deal on a manual mill.

for those that inquired about buying one, i'd love to, but for personal projects, my work requires that i do things only for myself, on my own time, and not for resale. for the benefit of using their machines i feel obliged to honor that agreement. the goal within the next 5 years or so is to have my own CNC, or two
                          way above my pay grade but very very cool.

Comment

It's a nice looking bit of machining. When you get your own machine, let us know and I'll likely have a petcock adapter (or similar) from you.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                            X