X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
    ^ Nice one!
    lifetime supply for 3.99US

search per "oil bath air filter foam" brings up several ideas..from a pdf, apparently "polyurethane" is correct vis a vis
    "1.1
    Types of Air Filters
    There are many types of air filters are in use most common types are as follows:
    A.
    Foam
    Another automobile air filter element is Oil-wetted polyurethane foam. previously Foam was used as
    air cleaners on small engines like lawnmowers. Foam filters are widely used on air compressors for air tools up
    to 5Hp. Depending on the grade and thickness of foam used, this type of filter can offer minimal flow
    restriction. the dust is captured on foam filters, large amounts of dust trapped without major change in airflow
    restriction. Example: off-road rallying, motorsport."
    That certainly IS a great price! The local Tractor Supply store wanted $20 for a piece that size.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on this air cleaner element on Ebay. Was in the right price range and free shipping to my US mail box.
      air filter.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I am constantly amused by newer owners that say something along the line of "I got the bike almost free, I don't want to spend that much for a new part" or "that will cost more than I paid for the bike".

A better way to approach that is: you paid less for the bike, that leaves more in your budget for parts and/or tools. If your budget isn't large enough to cover what it's going to take to get the bike going safely, you might want to re-evaluate whether the bike is the right choice.

You forgot

"The cheapest vintage bike you can buy is the most complete and expensive one"
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I am constantly amused by newer owners that say something along the line of "I got the bike almost free, I don't want to spend that much for a new part" or "that will cost more than I paid for the bike".
          Well, you know them damn Canadians, we're a funny bunch!
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
          X