Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock spring rotation

image.jpg
    from the picture, is the plastic piece that has the holes that connects to the lever need to push that spring clockwise from picture?

$&!!?$ I just tried that and this is what happened
    image.jpg

Comment

that sure is a funny looking peacock..............
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

You’ll find that trying to rebuild the PETCOCK will not be very successful. Get an OEM one or one from Z1 enterprises
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I did the same thing with a K&L petcock. Took it apart to clean it out and could not figure out how to reassemble.
            Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
            2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
              I did the same thing with a K&L petcock. Took it apart to clean it out and could not figure out how to reassemble.
              Just buy a new OEM. I've had a couple K&L petcocks, they are junk as far as I'm concerned.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

gently straighten any kink out without making it flat. It is a spring...and works like this:

When the Tap lever is turned to prime, the tab is pushed down into the hole by the plastic/nylon piece.... and thereby pushes the diaphragm's plunger back against its spring when on prime.
                When turned to Run or Res, the plastic piece allows the (spring) tab to return and so the vacuum diaphragm is able to close or open depending on the vacuum applied from the intake manifold.....

There's only one way it can be assembled to work like this....PS the other bend is so the "prime" spring doesn't rotate when the tap's plastic piece is turned.
                Last edited by Gorminrider; 02-26-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I have to admit, that's a great autocorrect/typo.

Not sure, but it looks like the spring broke in the second photo. So the point is moot.

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
                  X