1979 GS750E Orphan Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS750E Orphan Wires

I just came across a couple pairs of orphan wires, Black/yellow, and white: male connectors at coil area, and female ones adjacent to regulator. There appears to be display for gears in the dash. Did the 1979 have gear display? Just one more clue that my bike basket project is a bitsa. Wish I knew where a complete bike was, close to me, that I could visually compare.

Yes it surely did.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks, this helps a lot, now I can chase down what is missing in between the two wire pairs.

Comment

Runningdog, if you’re in need of a factory service manual, you can download a pdf from BikeCliff’s Website. You want the GS750 (8 valve)…. In the middle column. There’s a wiring diagram toward the end. Link to BikeCliffs’s in my signature.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks, Rich, I have the manual. and the wiring diagram. As I have been sorting through the boxes of parts and so on that came with this basket bike, I keep coming up with the odd hint that some parts may have come from an 850 (which I have some familiarity with, but its been ten or so years since I rebuilt that one). Much mantling and dismantling goes on until an assembly stays in one piece.

Comment

Farm out, found the wiring, and determined that the gear display works. Got the Dyna S installed and timed this morning, as well. Just waiting for the new airbox boots, and this puppy is just about ready to fire up.

Comment

Working...
            X