Cannot start GS700ES, no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdqford View Post

Put the positive probe of your voltmeter where the white wire connects to one of the coils.
    Put the negative probe of your voltmeter to a good ground, or to the battery negative post.
    With the ignition key in the ON position, crank the engine.

That white wire should go to the ignitor box , which makes and releases the the coil's primary circuit ground as the engine spins.
    When the ignitor box provides the ground, your meter should see close to zero volts.
    When the ignitor box release the ground, your meter should see close to your 11.78 volts.
    It may be difficult to read the meter accurately with it jumping up and down, but you'll know if its jumping around.

Then repeat the process on the other coil, where the yellow/black wire connects to that coil.

That will tell you if both coil's primary circuits are functioning correctly.

thank you so much Ill do that this week, I really appreciate you guys being patient with me.

Comment

Thank you for everyone's help I kept diagnosing and had a strong suspicion that it was the igniter box, which was apparent when I opened the igniter box and found that there was a short in the zener diode replaced the part and soldered it in, and now we have spark, thank you again for all your help.

Comment

Working...
      X