No announcement yet.

Where do these wires go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I have the car battery connected it doesn't drop much at all and has a strong crank.

So I connected the neg probe to neg battery and pos probe in the b/y at the ignitor and cranked and without cranking I showed 11.2v, with cranking it was 9v. The b/w wire without cranking it showed 0.1v, cranking is 0.5v. (Keep in mind I did not have the car battery connected so the volts will be lower)

I did noticed when I moved the second connector on the ignitor (blue and green wire connector) the #1 and #4 plugs were sparking just with me moving the plug around.

Now you aid to make sure the ignitor has a ground, but it doesn't and never has and I had good sparks the last few days until now.

I have no idea what's going on now besides it looks like I at least need a new battery, but it doesn't seem to explain the spark.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claygs750e View Post
      When I have the car battery connected it doesn't drop much at all and has a strong crank.

So I connected the neg probe to neg battery and pos probe in the b/y at the ignitor and cranked and without cranking I showed 11.2v, with cranking it was 9v. The b/w wire without cranking it showed 0.1v, cranking is 0.5v. (Keep in mind I did not have the car battery connected so the volts will be lower)

I did noticed when I moved the second connector on the ignitor (blue and green wire connector) the #1 and #4 plugs were sparking just with me moving the plug around.

Now you aid to make sure the ignitor has a ground, but it doesn't and never has and I had good sparks the last few days until now.

I have no idea what's going on now besides it looks like I at least need a new battery, but it doesn't seem to explain the spark.
      when you jiggle a connector and something changes, do you think that means the tires are low on Air?

Clean the connectors.

Comment

I did break out my air gauge for a minute. I figured cleaning the connectors was going to be the next step, but I was just curious if the blue and green wires controlled both coils why only the one was sparking.

When you say ground the ignitor do you mean from one of the mounting bolts to frame?
        Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claygs750e View Post
          I did break out my air gauge for a minute. I figured cleaning the connectors was going to be the next step, but I was just curious if the blue and green wires controlled both coils why only the one was sparking.

When you say ground the ignitor do you mean from one of the mounting bolts to frame?
          If there is something wrong with the connector fix it. There should be a ground wire b/w in the harness make sure it is earthed. after that. If it is not modulating the coils it is broke.

Comment

Working...
          X