what all can i delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what all can i delete?

hi guys. long time since ive been on here really. i have an 82 gs550 that im going to build into something. not entirely sure yet. but my first question is what all can i delete in the wiring and still have a running bike? i dont plan on using the gauge cluster at all. possibly the speedo with a little light in it but that would be it. i would like to hid all of the wiring under the tank except for the reg/rec. that will go into the tail with the battery.

so can i delete all the wiring that goes with the gauge cluster?

Search for "550 Bobber schematic" as one of my threads.

Comment

Get yourself the OEM Repair/Service Manual which will have the wiring diagram. From there you can figure out what wires you will need and which ones you wont.
      I recommend not destroying your whole wiring harness though, and building a custom one for your specific needs/wants.

Comment

yup

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
        Get yourself the OEM Repair/Service Manual which will have the wiring diagram. From there you can figure out what wires you will need and which ones you wont.
        I recommend not destroying your whole wiring harness though, and building a custom one for your specific needs/wants.
        +1..... what he said
        -Mark
        Boston, MA
        Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
        sigpic
        1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
          Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Search for "550 Bobber schematic" as one of my threads.
          I tend to agree with both. "gs bobber wiring schematic" google search provided this nifty little wiring diagram at http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11305

Comment

I meant this one.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

The other diagram does not have a fuse box, and it is not exactly clear if the battery is even fused, although there is a 15A symbol in line with the primary from the battery which could be it. Grounding is a bit helter skelter depending upoon interpretation and as the author noted there is no headlamp switch. Mine has all items listed and I specifically left out all lights.
            Last edited by posplayr; 06-11-2014, 01:23 PM.

Comment

that is perfect. i can definitely work with that. thank you

Comment

Working...
              X