battery cca more is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery cca more is better?

Ok i was about to purchase a sealed battery for my 1000 and i had 2 options one has a 160cca and the other has 220cca. would going to the higher cca battery hurt anything?

No, the higher capacity battery wouldn't hurt anything.

The sealed batteries at Advance are great quality. You might be able to save a few bucks by ordering online, but it's nice to just go get a battery and drop it in instead of waiting for UPS to show up. Plus, they'll take your old battery for proper recycling.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

ya i grabbed it anyway ordering online for instore pickup is always the best way to go. got the battery for 60 something with coupon code and some women say we dont know how to shop

Comment

Originally posted by refeicul View Post
        one has a 160cca and the other has 220cca.
        I wonder what the weight difference between the two is?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I would be careful just going by CCA. In the shoot out of AGM batteries a while ago the Motobatt beat all the competition and some had higher CCA ratings.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cra...gs1000-battery I have 2 of theses , 220 cca ,, motobatt has 190 cca just one more to look at ?

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
              I would be careful just going by CCA. In the shoot out of AGM batteries a while ago the Motobatt beat all the competition and some had higher CCA ratings.
              What shoot out?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I bought my latest battery at Batteries Plus, it's an AGM 220cca Duracell, yeah a Duracell, it is made my YUSASA, $72 though I got the 2year replacement for an extra $25.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I don't put much stock in CCA myself unless I know that I'm going to be operating near the battery's limit, which I never am.

All things being equal, the thing you want to look for when comparing batteries is the warranty. Get one with the longest warranty you can find.

The Sam's Club near me has better prices on car and motorcycle batteries than any other place locally, including AAP. (Usually better warranties too.) Not sure they sell AGM yet, though.
                  Charles
                  --
                  1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I got two of these and havent had any problems..$29.95 to the door. Just ordered number 3 for the 77 750.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      What shoot out?
                      I'll have to look it up if I can find it, been a year or two, but the bottom line was the Motobatt beat something like ten other top brands hands down in a quite intensive test. Long after all the others were stone dead Motobatt was still going so they quit the test.
                      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Ya that was during my time away from the forum. I guess thats what I get for not popping in once in a while.

Comment

If it lasts ten or twelve years that's good enough for me.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            I got two of these and havent had any problems..$29.95 to the door. Just ordered number 3 for the 77 750.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Utx...S+1000+battery
                            I also bought two of the and they are working fine

Comment

It could have been these guys testing the batteries. http://www.intruderalert.com/cafe/in...topicID=176271

Comment

Working...
                              X