Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight

1981 GS 650 G
    Are ALL the connections made inside the headlight bucket ?

1 connector 3 wires Hi Low Ground

Comment

Most of the electrical system layout is shown in the factory manual

Comment

Not all of the connections are made in the bucket, but most of them are. Which connector are you trying to find? I'm currently breaking down an 81, so I could most likely spot it easily on this frame.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Danb4563 View Post
          Not all of the connections are made in the bucket, but most of them are. Which connector are you trying to find? I'm currently breaking down an 81, so I could most likely spot it easily on this frame.
          There seems to be a whole lot of loom, just wondering if the rt & lt controls are connected OUTSIDE the bucket. Any pictures showing where the grounds are bolted would be a great help as well.
          posplayr, your manuals must be way better than mine, I have the wiring digram, but that doesn't show where stuff fixes to the bike & the routing digram, which is some help, but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by bonkas View Post
            posplayr, your manuals must be way better than mine, I have the wiring digram, but that doesn't show where stuff fixes to the bike & the routing digram, which is some help, but not great.
            so you are saying that the information is not in the factory manual?

Comment

Are you using the Factory manual? I haven't looked at the 650 one but they usually have a good diagram showing where all the loom fits. If you haven't got that one you can download it from Cliff's site:

79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Controls connect in the bucket

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                  Are you using the Factory manual? I haven't looked at the 650 one but they usually have a good diagram showing where all the loom fits. If you haven't got that one you can download it from Cliff's site:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
                  Pg 49 of the manual....................

Comment

Thanks for that, a simple answer to a simple question.

Comment

Thanks for that, a simple answer to a simple question.
                      Yep, just about as simple as this, which is a bit more inclusive:

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      Most of the electrical system layout is shown in the factory manual
                      sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well, this manual, printed by suzuki in Japan in March '81 PN: 99000-85700-OE3, has 335 pages in 10 sections, but it doesn't have a page 49, the wiring routing diagram is OK as far as it goes, but doesn't tell me everything, that is why I ask questions. I always look at the book before asking, or use the search option, on this forum, but haven't had much luck with that feature.
                        Thanks anyhow.

Comment

Well, this manual, printed by suzuki in Japan in March '81 PN: 99000-85700-OE3, has 335 pages in 10 sections, but it doesn't have a page 49, the wiring routing diagram is OK as far as it goes, but doesn't tell me everything, that is why I ask questions. I always look at the book before asking, or use the search option, on this forum, but haven't had much luck with that feature.
                          Thanks anyhow.
                          Sorry for the short comings of your manual. The manual I looked at is avaliable for free download form bad lifts sight. Do you have an internet connection?

Comment

The "page 49" to which he refers is page 333 of 335 in the manual that was also linked. I just looked, apparently it is page 49 of the supplement for the '82 650G.

Since you have just the basic manual, look on page 10-30. When your internet connection comes back up, feel free to download the manual from BassCliff's site, you will get the supplement, as well.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                            X