Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator papers

Please direct me to the "stator papers".thank you

At the bottom of this page on the right hand side is a link for 'The GS Resources Home Page'. Click on that, and on the Home Page click on the Technical menu.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Before reading them you should read this...............

Comment

Ouch I just went there and that part is still 'under development'. I guess Frank is still in the midst of revamping the site. I wonder if there's a PDF somewhere?

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thank JC he finally pulled that shameless shill's rag......................

Comment

That's a bit harsh Jim.
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

What's harsh is a long battle to get the proper information out there. Things change and Jim certainly has proved it, first with the Series regulator and then updated stator and grounding information. I realize there was most likely vendor money tied up with the website that has probably become somewhat of a sticky situation, but even though at least one vendor has had some stellar stators, they are still peddling inferior outdated technology in the R/R department. Suzuki didn't even get it right. It's time to correct the record and move on. I can't blame Jim for being "SLIGHTLY" irritated.
              Last edited by OldVet66; 04-24-2015, 10:31 AM.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

He's a little more than 'slightly irritated'... I get that there are better options and info out there now, and that change around here is a long time coming. That seems a bit over the top though.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thank you, I have tried that. I can't get the "technical" menu to open. I fact none of the files on that header with a down arrow will open for me?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
                    Thank you, I have tried that. I can't get the "technical" menu to open. I fact none of the files on that header with a down arrow will open for me?
                    Right, as I said I went over there after I posted and it's still under construction. You can follow Posplayer's link and find some good info though, he knows what he's talking about, irascibility notwithstanding. He has improved diagnostic info available.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                        He has massively improved diagnostic info available.
                        Had to add that.....
                        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                          Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          He has massive poopypants
                          Had to add that.....
                          Hey I never said that!! You're bad...

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                            That's a bit harsh Jim.

It might seem harsh, but it is well deserved. I should clarify the label "shill" is in reference to the authors of the "stator pages" (about 5 pages of infomercial on Electrosport products). I don't recall exactly at the moment what the full content was , but do distinctly remember rereading the pages after posting "Stator Pages" and about the only thing useful, I remember beyond the troubleshooting flowchart was a discussion of dirty connections.

My issue is not with "other information", "lack of information" or even "wrong information". The issue in my mind with respect to the Stator Pages ( as maintained by the authors) is that they made no effort to improve them, but rather demonstrated clearly that their only intent was to support ElectroSport products under the guise of being unbiased members of the GSR. What else do you call someone that hocks a product in the manner done and much worse an inferior product as the best that one can buy, be called anything but a "shill".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
                            A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.
                            "Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working.
                            With respect to the term "rag", while I will freely admit and have published such that the trouble shooting guide was a wonderful thing. When writing one of my first guides back in 2009(in response to the Stator Pages requests for Information), I choose to support the style of the Troubleshooting Guide adding to it rather than completely reformatting it. These are now the Revised Phase A and Revised Phase B testing procedures. So while the trouble shooting guide was very useful, it is problematic in a few areas. "Rag" refers less to it than the rest of the infomercial diatribe which does nothing much other than to leave the reader with an uncontrollable urge to order an Electrosport R/R.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Should we take a poll of how many people ran out and bought an Electrosport R/R after having read the "Stator Pages" and lived to regret it? Surely any of they will have fewer qualms about my choice of words.
                            Last edited by posplayr; 04-24-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

When the Stator Pages was first published, was the shunt vs. series issue widely known? I get the idea that when Electrex started selling, going to another shunt R/R was the best option that was generally known about. I don't see how you can justify slamming them for selling it, unless it was actually inferior to the stock units which I doubt is true. If they knew at the time that it wasn't the best option then I could see it I guess, but did they? I'm also not seeing the dishonesty in relationship that you descry, I mean it was pretty plain that GSR endorsed the product, I thought. The info and product, as far as I can tell, was stator of the art at the time, and the only real issue you can legitimately take up is why it has taken so long to get it updated, or are you saying there is some kind of kick back continuing?

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                              X