Duanegae Honda R/R wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duanegae Honda R/R wires

So I remember the 3 yellows go to the stator wires. I "think" the red goes to the fuse box in place of the rd pigtail from the battery cable. The one going to th rar bake switch is self explanatory. Where do the black and green go to???
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

From a link@ basscliff

On this 6 wire r/r unit, the three yellow wires connect to the output wires from thestator. It doesn't matter which goes where, they're all the same output/input.The red wire from the r/r connects to the red wire in the wiring harness. Theground wire (which is green on the Honda parts) will be connected directly to thenegative (-) terminal of the battery. The black wire (sense wire) gets connectedto a switched (by the ignition switch) 12v power source, most often the brakelight switch. This is located near the rear brake master cylinder
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yep, green is ground on these, like house wiring. Black is the sense wire, needs switched positive 12V.

No idea why they couldn't make the sense wire purple or blue or something less confusing...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

More detail than anybody wants? but On old Hondas, black is always a positive. And, we see it on turn signal stalks because they are not particularly right or left ( ie: black connects to light green and light blue which are right and left from turn signal relay) It somewhat( ?) explains why Suzuki has "black/white stripe" as ground

Red is what I can't help thinking "+" "should be" but considering that red is UNSWITCHED "+" (from battery to the key) makes it easier.... the only confusing bit is why the big ground cable from the battery doesn't have a nice white stripe on it....
        Last edited by Gorminrider; 09-07-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X