No announcement yet.

Dyna coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When installing aftermarket coils, how do you install the leads to the coils? I have the molex connecters where the old coils would have plugged in. I am guessing a soldering iron and some wire is in order, but which wire to which coil? I know the yellow orange wire is the 12v input and goes to both, but there has to be a signal wire that is for each coil. I'm dealing with the coils being snagged from my project a long time ago and I am also not sure of the coil to plug order.

Comment

I think I found it. I have been using the corrected wiring diagram, but looking at the link on Basscliff's site for the 79 850GN I see the cross over between coils and plugs and the corresponding harness colors.

wiring.jpg

Comment

So coming back to my question, what is the parts no. for the compatible Dyna coil for a 82 GS1100EZ? And would it be advisable to upgrade the original ignitor with the Dyna S too?

Comment

Originally posted by wan3417 View Post
          So coming back to my question, what is the parts no. for the compatible Dyna coil for a 82 GS1100EZ? And would it be advisable to upgrade the original ignitor with the Dyna S too?
          Part number is DC1-1. A package of two is available from Z1 Enterprises.

If your current ignitor is working, there is no need to change, but you should know that you WILL need new wires and plug caps. I have the part numbers for the caps in the parts cabinet at home, will check for them this evening.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X