No announcement yet.

Pressing start button does nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you post up a build thread, after a year of ownership now of mt 1000G and getting it in a state I'm happy with I'm looking around for a cheap small engine bike to 'play' with this winter. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by eddypeck View Post
      I hope you post up a build thread, after a year of ownership now of mt 1000G and getting it in a state I'm happy with I'm looking around for a cheap small engine bike to 'play' with this winter. Good luck
      Thats the goal. Im a Newbie so there should be some entertaining mistakes.

Comment

Trust me Keith, it is not just the newbies with the entertaining mistakes.
        We all make them.
        Glad to hear another GS is not being parted out.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

On my Gs 1100 it’s got this nifty feature where it will blow the ignition fuse when I turn the handlebars to full left lock, typically (always) while trying to back into a tight parking space in downtown Chicago lol.

all that is to say that your symptoms sound the same. Key on gives you lights and horn, but starter button does nothing even with the kill switch in the proper position. So check that!
          81 gs1100E
          81 gs550
          74 xlch 1000 custom
          03 ktm 525 exc supermoto
          76 honda cj360
          72 honda cl350
          2 green parrots

Comment

Working...
          X