Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

82 gs1100E wiring question (turn signal related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I don't remember if you are using stock(-ish) signals or some aftermarket 'stuff'.

If you are using stock(-ish) signals and don't mind spending a few extra bucks BEFORE cutting any wiring, ... get a generic 555 or 552 flasher, plug it into the connector, using the orange/green and light blue wire connectors.

After thinking about it for a bit, you can test things without getting yet another flasher.
    With the ignition key ON, just use a jumper wire between those two terminals in the connector. Move your turn signal switch on the left handlebar, see if both signals come on. Move your switch to the other side to check the other signals.

If you are using stock(-ish) signals, you can get by with the two-pin 555 flasher. If you are using lower-powered incandescent bulbs or LEDs, you will need the EP34 and the wiring modification.

I didnt have anything to use as a jumper not even a paper clip. I brought the EL-13 back to autozone... and will try what you are saying. i got the stock turn signals. Hopefully, the jumper will do the trick I am going to probably pull the one off my 1150, the suzuki flasher, since the 1150 has newer lights and i need an LED flasher for that one. thaks again! Will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
    X