Yoshimura Pro-gress 2 Digital Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshimura Pro-gress 2 Digital Meter

Just wanted to share this here! Hyped on this little thing! Put on a Yoshimura pro-gress 2 for my gs425. Shows you your oil temp, battery voltage, and the time. Pretty cool little device, looks good on the bike too. Has 2 thermo sensors if you have a liquid cooled bike as well so you can monitor the oil and liquid. But for my air cooled twin I just hooked up 1 sensor to the oil. Pretty cool .
    image0.jpg
    1979 GS425

Here's another photo of it on the bike.

pic.jpg
    1979 GS425

Comment

Originally posted by Hokano12 View Post
      Just wanted to share this here! Hyped on this little thing! Put on a Yoshimura pro-gress 2 for my gs425. Shows you your oil temp, battery voltage, and the time. Pretty cool little device, looks good on the bike too. Has 2 thermo sensors if you have a liquid cooled bike as well so you can monitor the oil and liquid. But for my air cooled twin I just hooked up 1 sensor to the oil. Pretty cool .
      Cool little device! I love the idea of being able to see the battery voltage. But tell me, and I realize this may seem like a stupid question but I don't know what I don't know, why do you want to know your oil temp? Is there a point at which it can all go south if it gets to hot?
      Last edited by RustyTank; 08-04-2020, 06:29 PM.
      Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
      1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Piece of mind and security I guess haha
        1979 GS425

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
          , why do you want to know your oil temp? Is there a point at which it can all go south if it gets to hot?
          Nice to know how hot it's getting. Over 130*C is caution territory and stop ragging it, let it cool down a bit.
          Summertime use of the fairing has brought that home to me. Ideally, there should be sufficient airflow through the gap anyway, but it's less than optimal.
          That's why I don't use anything but synthetic now.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I set a warning on the meter to 250f (121c). It is nice to keep an eye on temp especially in hot weather. Running Rotella t4 in my bike currently.
            1979 GS425

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              Nice to know how hot it's getting. Over 130*C is caution territory and stop ragging it, let it cool down a bit.
              Summertime use of the fairing has brought that home to me. Ideally, there should be sufficient airflow through the gap anyway, but it's less than optimal.
              That's why I don't use anything but synthetic now.
              So, I don't mean to hijack this thread, this is the last I'll ask about it, what can happen to the engine if the oil gets to hot?

Originally posted by Hokano12 View Post
              I set a warning on the meter to 250f (121c). It is nice to keep an eye on temp especially in hot weather. Running Rotella t4 in my bike currently.
              Wow! It has a warning setting? That's super cool. Mind posting a link where you purchased it?
              Ryan

Comment

I think the clock is nice too! (I have a watch strapped on all my bikes...)

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                  Cool little device! I love the idea of being able to see the battery voltage. But tell me, and I realize this may seem like a stupid question but I don't know what I don't know, why do you want to know your oil temp? Is there a point at which it can all go south if it gets to hot?
                  Excessive oil temps can cause thermal breakdown of the oil which leads to less than ideal lubrication.

Ideally you want to run the oil hot enough (>212 F) to boil off any water condensation in the oil but keep it below 250 F to prevent thermal breakdown.

A thermostat/oil cooler combo helps keep the oil temp in the ideal range, especially if your engine has any motor work which would cause higher than stock oil temperatures or you are running it hard in a hot climate.

Before I installed an oil cooler/215 degree thermostat, my oil temps would routinely get over 290 degrees, which is waaay too hot. Now it stays in the 210-230 range.

Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                  2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                    Excessive oil temps can cause thermal breakdown of the oil which leads to less than ideal lubrication.

Ideally you want to run the oil hot enough (>212 F) to boil off any water condensation in the oil but keep it below 250 F to prevent thermal breakdown.

A thermostat/oil cooler combo helps keep the oil temp in the ideal range, especially if your engine has any motor work which would cause higher than stock oil temperatures or you are running it hard in a hot climate.

Before I installed an oil cooler/215 degree thermostat, my oil temps would routinely get over 290 degrees, which is waaay too hot. Now it stays in the 210-230 range.
                    Thanks for the pic. That is really, really cool
                    And thanks for the explanation 80GS1000. That's great information.
                    Ryan

Comment

Damn that is a nice set up! Looks great
                      1979 GS425

Comment

Looks like its sold out now but this is where I got it from https://japan.webike.net/
                        1979 GS425

Comment

Working...
                        X