Starter solenoid testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clegg View Post
    I have had Hondas and Yamahas that had the contact from the switch to the handlebar. It's not a locator because the oem bars do not have a hole.
    Congratulations on your Hondas and Yamahas, but this is a SUZUKI forum. Our switches (except for the horn) do NOT ground to the handlebar. And our handlebars DO have a locator hole for the switch housings.

For the all knowing go to the XS400 forum and search Starter stopped working.

You will learn something.
    This is a great way to win friends and influence your enemies.
    Snarkiness like this will usually end up with your pleas for help being ignored.

My friend added painted low bars to his bike and could not figure out why the bike would not start. Added a grd wire and voila
    I'll bet his bike was not a Suzuki. With a Suzuki, you can hold the switch housing in your hand, completely off the handlebar, push the starter button and the bike will start. I'll repeat it one last time, there is no grounding in the handlebar, except for the horn.
    Last edited by Who Dat?; 09-27-2020, 10:28 PM.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Never meant to dispute the ground on the Yama. XS400 handlebar. But I would like to respectfully dispute the comment in post #12, that most bikes the switchgear has a contact that engages with the bars. The switchgear housing itself does contact, squeezes against, the handlebar but has nothing to do with grounding anything. If "most bikes do" I sure thought I'd have seen one by now. Not say'in you're wrong, just say'in, in my opinion that most bikes don't ground anything to the handlebar. That being said, I'm glad you got the solenoid problem solved & hope the rest of the wiring nightmare taken care of. Wiring on Suzuki's aren't known for being the greatest. Welcome to the site.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
      X