No announcement yet.

Gear shift & clutch pushrod oil seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

I use Yamabond # 4 to seal cases, you need just a wiping of the stuff. Hopefully it didn't squeeze as much inside, on the other hand, being that thick, I don't think anything but the oil strainer will catch it. It's a learning process. The feeling when you riding the bike you rebuilt down the road cannot be purchased, simulated, or experienced, except by having done it. Justified pride!

Comment

Everything in this project is moving slow as hell on purpose to avoid any mistakes and never have to touch the engine for the next 40 years as it was before me going in. Unfortunatelly threebond 1194 was not available to me only threebond 1207B which is an RTV type sealant and was avoided just for the reason of limited assembly time for a first timer and potential dangers of overuse of product. Still managed to get lots of oozing even with the anaerobic think i will use a long acid brush and carefully pick up excess product from the insides. I can see it from the cam chain tunnel in the upper crankcase. That was my worst expectation the stress of serious mess up during each stage of assembly the time and money invested kick stress up the roof
        GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

We do the best we can do. When you ride the bike you put back together, that feeling will be magical.

Comment

Working...
          X