No announcement yet.

Anyone in the South need weekend help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holey crapp steve, were there any typhoo warnings?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      holey crapp steve, were there any typhoo warnings?
      No typhoo[n] warnings, no hurricane warnings, no tornado warnings, not even small craft warnings.
      It was just a constant gentle breeze that hit the side of the hotel and funnelled down to where the bike was parked and blew it over.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow!! That's a real bummer. I've seen wind funnel like that but I never had any idea it could blow a Wing over.
        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
        1983 GS 1100 G
        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Dang, hope the damage was minimal..

Comment

Hey Steve, I'll need your full name, address and some details about you.
            If all checks out ok my garage needs a good cleaning. The lawn needs mowed, trimmed and edged. The basement could use a good cleaning also.
            You paint? The dining room needs a couple of coat of Harley orange. How are ya with heights? The outside windows on the third level need cleaned, I have the ladder.
            Do not interact with the guests while you're working and keep the noise down.
            Dont forget to use your inside voice. You yanks tend to get kinda loud. I think it has something to do with talking through the nostrols.
            If you're really prompt I may let you have a beer and a smoke.

Anyway, lemme know..
            Last edited by Octain; 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

3rd level windows? You hit the Lotto?
              1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                Hey Steve, I'll need your full name, address and some details about you. ... If you're really prompt I may let you have a beer and a smoke.
                My name is Steve
                My address is RIGHT HERE
                Details: tall and ugly

The rest of it sounded OK until you got to the reward part.
                I don't drink, I don't smoke, so there is no incentive to come paint the guests in your third-floor windows.

Besides, it's about 450 miles from where I am to where you are.
                There won't be much time to do any work after driving there.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                  Dang, hope the damage was minimal..
                  Yeah, it was "minimal" all right.

After the $500 deductible was removed from the amount, I got a check for just a bit over double the amount that I have invested in "Junior" so far.

Tupperware just ain't cheap.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                    Hey Steve, I'll need your full name, address and some details about you.
                    If all checks out ok my garage needs a good cleaning. The lawn needs mowed, trimmed and edged. The basement could use a good cleaning also.
                    You paint? The dining room needs a couple of coat of Harley orange. How are ya with heights? The outside windows on the third level need cleaned, I have the ladder.

Wait a minute, I am first on his list for doing many of those same type of chores at my house. The garage really needs a good cleaning, the grass does need mowed, many rooms in the house need to be painted. I am not sure about the harley orange, it might have to be kawaski green or another color. My windows are on the first and only floor and they all need cleaned. So before you get pulled away by someone else, remember the "honey do list" waiting for you here.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Guess that settles that.
                      1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Steve View Post
                        The garage really needs a good cleaning, ...
                        Whaddaya mean "the garage needs a good cleaning"?

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Looks like a place I could kill a weekend at..

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to be spending the better part of a week in there, straightening things up when I get home.

If I am not sent out on another work assignment, I will likely be on the " 'Roo Rally", but I will have to decide whether I am taking the Wing or "Junior". Either one will take a little bit of attention before the trip, not sure I'll have time to do both of them.

I think enough of my other projects have gotten done, I can finally turn attention to #1 son's Venture Royale that is in pieces (you can see it in the second picture above), as someone has expressed interest in buying it. When I get that out of the way, I can start on some other, non-bike-related projects that have been stacking up.
                            sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Steve View Post
                              Wait a minute, I am first on his list for doing many of those same type of chores at my house. The garage really needs a good cleaning, the grass does need mowed, many rooms in the house need to be painted. I am not sure about the harley orange, it might have to be kawaski green or another color. My windows are on the first and only floor and they all need cleaned. So before you get pulled away by someone else, remember the "honey do list" waiting for you here.
                              LMAO!! Finally.. We know who has the sense(sence, since) of humor in this relashonship!!
                              Put a fire under his azz girl, he'll get it done.

Edit cause I saw the garage pics.
                              Holy smokes Steve!
                              Clean that mess up already, dang!
                              Last edited by Octain; 08-09-2010, 02:18 PM. Reason: Cause Steves garage should be burned!
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Isn't this the way a garge is suppoed to look? Otherwise, why have one?
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X