Anyone in the South need weekend help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Octain View Post
    LMAO!! Finally.. We know who has the sense(sence, since) of humor in this relashonship!!
    Put a fire under his azz girl, he'll get it done.

Edit cause I saw the garage pics.
    Holy smokes Steve!
    Clean that mess up already, dang!
    The correct word is "sense".
    By the way, all members of our family have a delightfully warped sense of humor.

OK, they are old pictures, the garage does not look like that any more.

Not saying which way it evolved, though.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow, and I was somewhat ashamed to let you see the inside of my garage. Silly me.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I think your garage looks pretty good. I have a carport which is always invaded by dust and pollen and 2 big dawgs.
        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
        1983 GS 1100 G
        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
          ... I have ... 2 big dawgs.
          Big dawgs? Did you say BIG DAWGS?

These guys aren't around to "help" me any more, but we don't do small dawgs around our house.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

They definitely qualify as big. Actually I have one big and one medium dog and a tiny one that gets to stay inside. Never had a dog as tall as a Dane. Jake is a half Neopolitan Mastiff, 1/4 Rottweier, and 1/4 Chow. He's brindle and looks just like a Mastiff but about 75% of usual size. 120 lb the last time I picked him up and got on the balance scales.
            1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              The correct word is "sense".
              By the way, all members of our family have a delightfully warped sense of humor.

OK, they are old pictures, the garage does not look like that any more.

Not saying which way it evolved, though.

I had it correct Just checking to make sure you're(your) on your toes.
              Which by the way is how someone would have to venture through that monstrosity of a garage.

That garage sure dont reflect your(you're) persona on screen. But, I'd guess to say that would prolly apply to lots around here.
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

How far are you from Lexington TN. looks like Jtrips is going to need some professional assistance..lol. He is in Western Tenn.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                  How far are you from Lexington TN. looks like Jtrips is going to need some professional assistance..lol. He is in Western Tenn.

Paul
                  Lexington, TN is about 475 miles from my house, but it's only about 250 from where I am right now, in Mississippi.
                  It's not very far out of my way when I will be going home, I will contact him to arrange that.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                    They definitely qualify as big. Actually I have one big and one medium dog and a tiny one that gets to stay inside. Never had a dog as tall as a Dane. Jake is a half Neopolitan Mastiff, 1/4 Rottweier, and 1/4 Chow. He's brindle and looks just like a Mastiff but about 75% of usual size. 120 lb the last time I picked him up and got on the balance scales.
                    I used to spend quite a bit of time testing around drop zones in AZ. One owner of the DZ we were at had a Great Dane (160 lbs ish) and a Mastiff (130 lbs ish), the Great Dane was kinda puppy and the Mastiff had a real attitude. He always got fed first otherwise he might bite someone that was eating before him , and when we walked past him gave him a wide berth .

After hanging around the DZ a couple of day but in the office. A group of jumper were coming in. I remember moving to the window to watch them land. The Mastiff also ended up looking out the same door/window. Once all the action was over, realizing the dog was right next to me I looked down at him to see if he was OK with it. He decided it was not and I was to too close and he 1/2 jumped up in a threatening way giving me a big "Araughf". He really had an attitude but NO leash.
                    Last edited by posplayr; 08-11-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Nice Floriduh pics Steve. I heard about the fall when it happenned but never saw the pics until now.

Wish you were closer. It was great to have you come by the house when you did.

BTW is that some new type of motorcycle seat belt safety harness????
                      David
                      1998 Suzuki Bandit
                      1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                      1978 GS1000 - gone
                      1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

They say Neopolitans like a small circle of human family and are slow to accept new people into their group. It's best to just be around them a while without any overt gestures towards friendship until they get used to you. I thought most other mastiffs like Old English, American and Bullmastiffs were probably pretty docile. My boys a big clown who thinks he's a smaller dog but is a little slow to warm up to people.
                        1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by portdave View Post
                          BTW is that some new type of motorcycle seat belt safety harness????
                          You must be referring to this picture?

Well, yeah, now that my secret has accidentally slipped out, ...

Ya know, the new Wings have their air bags, and I don't care for the new Wings that much, so had to develop my own "safety" system.

If you notice carefully, it is on a 650L, as I am starting on the smaller bikes that are usually used for "beginner bikes".
                          If the concept works, I might work it into the larger bikes.

Still with me on this?

Good eye, Dave, but it's just a bicycle rack that was taken off the back of a car.
                          Didn't have anyplace better to stick it while I moved the car, so it got set on the bike.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

I thought maybe you were gonna start using it for all the trick riding you like to do. You know, lassos, rings of fire, trick shooting.....

David
                            1998 Suzuki Bandit
                            1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                            1978 GS1000 - gone
                            1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Ugg, someone delete that pic of "Steves Garage". Everytime I see it I throw up a little in my mouth.

Hmm, Steves Garage.. Kinda catchy.
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                                Ugg, someone delete that pic of "Steves Garage". Everytime I see it I throw up a little in my mouth. ...
                                Last I checked, I was the only one (besides a moderator) that could delete it.

Tell ya what, I'll get another picture about a week after I get home so you can compare.

In the meantime, stop looking at the picture.

sigpic
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                                X