Caliper Rebuild Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caliper Rebuild Kit

Can anyone tell me if the two caliper rebuild kits listed here would be what I need for my 82 GS650L (GL I guess). It looks like the rear is right, but it says 2 for the front. I dont have 2, so yea, only buy one, but would it be the same caliper? Thanks!!

I think it would be less expensive to get your parts from Suzuki. I've always bought the "piston set", which is #1 on most fisches. I've never needed more than that. Not saying buy them here, I just pulled up my local dealer.

Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Don't waste your money on K&L's krap.

Buy an OEM rebuild kit from your favorite source for Suzuki parts.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Oh! I didnt think anything would be cheaper from a dealer. Then again, I'm used to HD dealer prices...

Comment

agreed. I got a junky rebuild kit, then I realized that i needed a new (caliper) piston that came with the rubber bits from Suzuki. You could tell the difference in the quality of the rubbers between the two.

Stick with Suzuki when you can.

Comment

I ordered a kit for the front and rear from my local dealer. Will take a week or so to get it, $43 for both of them.

Comment

Turns out my the kit I got from my dealer is K&L anyway. And they only ordered me the rear kit. /rant on - Ellicott City Motorsports is useless. Parts guy is arrogant (not just on this order) and doesnt follow through with anything like he says... /rant off

Comment

Hi,

You might want to order directly from one of the online OEM dealers in your "mega-welcome".

If I happened to miss giving you your "mega-welcome", just CLICK HERE and accept my apologies.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Like the others say, genuine Suzuki rubber parts are waay better. However, if you can, get stainless pistons and banish rust forever. Not sure on the L models but a lot of later stainless pistons match for size and some of the guys making pattern parts use stainless
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
                  X