Gaskets and other parts from Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaskets and other parts from Z1

I need to replace my head cover gasket (and some stripped bolts). was looking at parts on Z1 website and I like the prices of the gaskets and bolts. Has anyone had any problems with non OEM gaskets from Z1...or any other parts for that matter? I have usually bought OEM stuff from BikeBandit and have never been dissappointed.

Give Z1 a call, I believe they can get OEM gaskets as well
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hi,

BikeBandit is good, just not the best deal in town.

Z1 is a class outfit. Give them a call for anything OEM that you don't see on their website. They don't list everything available online.

I've used both vendors, depending on what I need, how big the order, how quickly I needed it, etc.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

are you talking about z1 enterprises or the other z1 place in california?

Comment

Originally posted by zmaxmotorsports View Post
          are you talking about z1 enterprises or the other z1 place in california?
          Hi,

Yes, http://www.z1enterprises.com. Sorry for the confusion.

BassCliff

Comment

Get OEM gaskets. The aftermarket gaskets (Vesrah, Athena, Cometic) are junk.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi,

Yes, http://www.z1enterprises.com. Sorry for the confusion.

BassCliff
              yes that's the one i was talking about too

Comment

What about silicone gaskets? Anyone have good or bad things to say about them?

Comment

Depends on the kind of bike you have. Real Gaskets will work on some bikes and not others. Best to stay OEM though.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Depends on the kind of bike you have. Real Gaskets will work on some bikes and not others. Best to stay OEM though.
                    How bout on a 78' GS1000EC? I like the idea of not having to buy a new gasket everytime the valves need checked.

Comment

Originally posted by iampocket View Post
                      How bout on a 78' GS1000EC? I like the idea of not having to buy a new gasket everytime the valves need checked.
                      Hi,

After 4 years of use I put a new Real Gasket on my bike last week. There was a pretty good discussion. It shouldn't be hard for you to find that thread.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by iampocket View Post
                        You should be able to mount gasket "dry" without any gasket sealer. I will use oil or grease to hold gasket in place. Then it can be reused since it should not stick to cover or head and rip apart. If you think you must use sealer, use a good sealer like yamabond not rtv. Use it very sparingly and apply to only one surface, then it will stick on only one side and again can be used over and over without replacement until it starts to crumble apart or leak.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm getting all my parts and tools together to do all the work that needs to be done. Tires, chain, sprockets, fork seals, fix stripped and broken valve cover bolts, adjust valves...should have worked on it over the winter but the wife won't give me the garage when its cold out. Wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X