Headlight removal from Windjammer IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight removal from Windjammer IV

Anyone know how to remove the headlight assembly from a Windjammer IV fairing. Must be something I'm missing as I can't figure it out . . .

I believe there's a locking tab on the outer edge of the retaining ring that you have to press, and then the retaining ring can "unscrew" about a quarter turn and come off.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
      Anyone know how to remove the headlight assembly from a Windjammer IV fairing. Must be something I'm missing as I can't figure it out . . .
      go to the Vetter site, (link below) its all the way at the bottom of the page. Rob http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Vet...tructions.html

Beginning in 1979, the new owner of Vetter Corp produced several fairings that I did not think worthy of the Vetter name. They will not show up on my pages. After Bell aquired the devastated company, I designed a fairing for them, the Bullet which they built for a couple of years . The Bell folks were more comfortable making helmets.
      The most asked question seems to be: "How do I replace my burned out headlight?"
      At the bottom is a little slot. Use a screwdriver to push it in slightly. The chrome ring unscrews like a jar lid.
      It is a very clever design.
      By the way, today when a headlight burns out, I simply go to Wal Mart and buy a sealed beam halogen unit for about $9.00. It has a car pattern but I think it is just fine for the price.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

Working...
        X