No announcement yet.

What is this attached to my kickstand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then here is a (bad) picture of the switch in question. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here? I know it is not vital to have this figured out but it would drive me nuts to not know what the deal is.

Comment

Tried It...

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Easy way to see if the clutch interlock is still functioning is to not pull in clutch and hit starter button, if starter doesn't go, there is one clue. Then pull in clutch and if starter goes then you know the clutch interlock is functioning.

If look on schematic, it is called "Interlock".

TO find some of the wiring, look under clutch handle, follow the wires into the headlight shell (on G anyway).

Redman,

I tried this with the bike parked, sidestand down, in nuetral (as I always start the bike). Hit the ignition button on two separate occasions; not touching the clutch and then gripping it (disengaged). Both times the starter turned over.

Maybe I need to try it with the bike in gear? But I never start the bike that way so I'm thinking not.

Anyway, I haven't tried that thing you suggested with the handlebars/bar ends in a straight line. But I will soon enough!

Thanks for your input Dave...it's always appreciated!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        I tried this with the bike parked, sidestand down, in nuetral (as I always start the bike). Hit the ignition button on two separate occasions; not touching the clutch and then gripping it (disengaged). Both times the starter turned over.

Maybe I need to try it with the bike in gear?
        If it starts with and without pulling the clutch, it will do the same thing with the bike in gear.

Once again, THERE IS NO INTERLOCK WITH THE STARTER EXCEPT THE CLUTCH LEVER SWITCH.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No Interlock

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          If it starts with and without pulling the clutch, it will do the same thing with the bike in gear.

Once again, THERE IS NO INTERLOCK WITH THE STARTER EXCEPT THE CLUTCH LEVER SWITCH.

Thanks Steve.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamroller View Post
            Seleden- That's it. Where is the light located?
            It depends on your gauge cluster, as for mine it's the 3rd idiot light over from the left on the top row. It's labeled "SIDESTAND"
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
              It depends on your gauge cluster, as for mine it's the 3rd idiot light over from the left on the top row. It's labeled "SIDESTAND"
              That's a busy lookin' instrument cluser Steve. I don't mean anything bad by it; just look at how plain jane mine is:

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                That's a busy lookin' instrument cluser Steve. I don't mean anything bad by it; just look at how plain jane mine is:

Ed
                It is a busy looking cluster, and big and heavy too. I don't need all that stuff going on there, I like having a temp gauge though. Lets see, all I really want is a neutral light, high beam, oil pressure, maybe turn signal, but I don't need right and left.
                Actually I prefer the gauge cluster on my GS1000E which looks like this except with 140mph speedo. 85mph gauges, what a joke.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

^^At least the bike doesn't have a speed governor.

Nice, plain, and simple is good...I like your idea of functionality on an instrument cluster.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                  X