GS850G front master cylinder piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850G front master cylinder piston

Does anybody have a clear photo of how the piston goes together on a 1981 GS850g front master cylinder, my book is away with the guy rebuilding my motor, and the Suzuki microfiche only shows a blurred mess.
    i have a new kit to put in(part number 59600-45831) and the Clymer book is no help. And I've tried downloading a manual for it from the 750cc models to the 1000cc models and the downloads fail after the fourth attempt.
    cheers.

This should be it:

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
      Does anybody have a clear photo of how the piston goes together on a 1981 GS850g front master cylinder, my book is away with the guy rebuilding my motor, and the Suzuki microfiche only shows a blurred mess.
      i have a new kit to put in(part number 59600-45831) and the Clymer book is no help. And I've tried downloading a manual for it from the 750cc models to the 1000cc models and the downloads fail after the fourth attempt.
      cheers.
      Ure engine guy has to borrow a book to do a GS engine? OMG Hope it all works out

Comment

Thanks Bwringer, I actually did it on the spot when the guy doing my motor rocked up to his workshop, and I retreived my book. All went well and we needed four fingers to get that circlip back in. It's back on the bike and all's good.
        while I was waiting I made up some bushes to replace that ugly bolt that the brake and clutch handle swivels on, out of stainless.
        And just found out the cam chain tensioner is missing from the box that came back from the Suzuki dealer, (long story). Buggered if I'm paying for lost parts, I've already bought a oil gear for the motor that was missing.
        thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
          Ure engine guy has to borrow a book to do a GS engine? OMG Hope it all works out
          What's wrong with that?

Unless the only engines he works on are GS engines, he probably has hundreds (thousands?) of specifications running through his head. Even if he only works on GS engines, there are still many differences to keep track of.

Personally, I applaud him for actually referring to a printed spec sheet.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X