Headlight bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight bucket

Does anyone know if a headlight bucket off a gs1000 1980 would fit a '80 gs850g? My current stock one is a plastic one and this one is chrome and I think it would look nicer on my bike.

The bucket on a 1000G is exactly the same as the one on an 850G.

The chrome one you are looking at is probably on an 850GL, and is a different size,
    which will require different mounting ears on the forks.

If you are interested, I have both, a bucket and the chrome mounting ears for it available.
    Actually have two buckets and pairs of mounting ears.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

So if I need new ears,this leads me to believe that the bucket is deeper,am I right in my thinking?Also will I be able to use the stock headlamp?My situation is this;I put the headlight assembly back together(stock) after I found a discontinued headlamp sitting on a shelf in a shop back in Indiana,I came out one day and noticed the bucket was broke,There are about 6 kids that run around the apts so go figure.Anyways I thought if I have to replace the bucket I could get something that looks a little nicer.I'd hate to have to get a new lamp especially when the one I have is new and everything I went through to find it.So if this bucket you have will accept the lamp and it's only a matter of swapping out the ears I am interested,Thank You!

Comment

The smaller GL (chrome) bucket is too small for your 7" stock G headlight (black plastic bucket).

Another solution is to buy a chrome 7" headlight bucket and put your 7" headlight in that. This is the one mounted to my '83 GS850G -- first item on this page:
        Custom and OE Style Head Lights and mounts and Bulbs in CRC2's Online Catalog of New motorcycle Parts and Accessories Indy

Further down the page, you can see what the H4 headlight globe and bulb look like.

Looks good, eh?
        Last edited by bwringer; 10-16-2014, 03:41 PM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks for the link and yeah that bucket looks sharp on your scoot.The price is cheaper than I have found on a replacement OEM so it's a win/win situation.

Comment

Working...
          X