Rear sets 1982 gs650glz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sets 1982 gs650glz

Hey guys, I'm want to get rear sets for my 1982 suzuki gs650glz. Has anyone does this before/ have any insight onto which manufacturer I should go with etc? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

I'm pretty darn sure this is the first time this exact question has ever been asked. So congratulations!

There are some folks who have added rearsets to several chain drive GS models, and you can even get Tarozzi kits for many. And there are one or two who have fabricated rearsets for 1000G shafties. Supposedly Raask made rearsets for the 1000G and 850G, but the 650GL has a very different frame.

I think it's obvious that you're going to need to do some fabrication -- mounting plates, measuring and cutting linkage, etc. There are some universal kits out there from Fast from the Past and Dime City Cycles that should be a good basis for this:

Tarozzi rearsets clip-ons pistons fork brace sprocket steering damper JL Exhaust Wossner Zeeltronic NHK Jim Lomas fork tube motorcycle ignition zeeltronic

Probably several other vendors as well.

There are some very sketchy looking Chinese kits on fleaBay. Not sure I'd trust those, but then again I'm an enormous galoot.

A past thread showing lots of GS rearsets:

I can't recall anyone who has put rearsets on an "L" model. Take lots of pics!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
    X