Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone translate this GS1100 GSX1400 German to English?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone translate this GS1100 GSX1400 German to English?

Hi all, found this cool article about a GS1100 (or GSX1100 in other parts of the world), but cannot get any of the usual translate sites to work with it. They all say it is too large?

Thanks in advance, Joe

Does the article explain why Germans seem to like to raise the tail of a bike about 300 mm?
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Not sure on that, as I don't understand any German. Mostly interested in the engine details, 1400cc at 180-200 HP or PS. That and the weight savings, 400 lbs finished bike? I would like a bike or package like this, but retain a more original look and color. Twin Ohlins shocks, widened swing arm for 180-200 rear tire, Ohlins conventional forks at 43mm, modern brakes front and rear, carbon fiber 18" wheels, 1983 red paint, etc

Comment

Email the magazine and ask for a translation.

Comment

Google Translate didn't have any trouble.

Click "Translate a Document" and upload the PDF.

You can mostly make it out, but be prepared to remain baffled here and there. German idioms are difficult.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I believe it started out as a GSX1100 1985 if I am reading it correctly. Must be a model we didn't get. Has alot of lines similar to the 83 750e
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
            X