No announcement yet.

Oil Filter recomendation for 1983 GS1100G"L"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a few unpleasant experiences, I only use the OEM o-rings. You can use the same o-ring through multiple oil changes -- I usually install a new one every year.

It's just not worth farting around with ill-fitting aftermarket garbage.

And I agree that Fram filters are complete garbage. Do not use Fram on any engine you care about.

As far as the filter element itself, OEM is the best quality by far, but the Wix/Napa filters and HiFloFiltro filters are OK. But you don't save any money over OEM; it's just that they're easier to find on the shelf sometimes at general powersports dealers or at Napa.

Next time you place a parts order, tack on four or five filters. They're only $4.50 each at my favorite Suzuki bits website.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Oddly, it was cheaper to find Hi-Flo filters from the US from a seller with sensible shipping for a change, than it was to get them in Europe.
      Then I found the one seller on ebay UK who rivalled the US price and cheap shipping to me, too.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
      X