Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side cover post replacement - whats the latest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew

Are you still making and selling these pins I bought from you? Mine are holding up great. I’d like to get 4 more to repair the broken-off pins on the panels on my kid’s dirt bike.​
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I found some pins off of another piece of plastic, and thought, cut down, they could make great posts. I cut them down to size, and made a little dam around them (around 1") in diameter with the post in the center, dam was made of tape., filled it with J-B-Weld, and put the post in the position I had marked for it. It has lasted 5 years so far. The J-B Weld really grabs the plastic, it leaked a little under the dam, but I think that strengthened it. Anything plastic that will fit and wedge tightly into the hole will work.

Comment

I found Andrew’s eBay listing.
        3D printed to OEM shape with 100% fill for strength and from ABS plastic to allow for to easy bonding to the ABS Suzuki covers with regular house plumbing black ABS glue. This will make them easier to remove and help prevent braking your OEM ones.

These worked perfectly so I’ll get as many is I need for the kid’s bike and probably work on it over the winter. That and some paper models which I’m sad to say have gone untouched for over 6 months. Too busy for all these hobbies.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I have around 4 Terabytes of paper models on my list. Some I have to finish , they are unfolded, I just have to make instructions for them.

R2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            I found Andrew’s eBay listing.
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/185241664824
            Thanks for finding that! Glad these have been helpful for y'all. They are still available. ordering off eBay works and is easy and you can also always email me directly for a direct sale and save some pennies that wouldn't have to go to Ebay/Paypal.

AndrewVanis@gmail.com

I also periodically receive requests for longer ones, etc. and all that is possible so get in touch and we'll see what we can make for you.

Andy

1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
            1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
            1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

Working...
            X