Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100g engine in a trike

I have a trike fitted with an engine from an 1100g

It hasn't run for a while and the carbs are beyond repair I think.

Problem is, I don't know which model the engine originally came from and I'm have trouble finding another set of carbs that fit. All I know is the bike was a mid-80's 1100g.

Can anyone tell me how I can find out the spec of my carbs or let me know what alternative carbs I could use?

Thanks in advance :-P

They should be BS34SS 34 mm Mikuni carbs. I have a manual for this so PM me if you need any more info.

Why do you think they're beyond repair? You might want to read up on the carb clean up series here and you can get new orings from someone here on the forum. I'm sure someone will chime in on the web link for that. If you get used carbs, you're likely in for a cleanup, anyway!

Best wishes on the project!

Comment

Unless they've been melted in a fire, you can likely rebuild the carbs. Some truly appalling messes have been turned into gleaming showpieces using the instructions in the Carb Cleanup Series.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I wanna see a shaftie trike, upload a picture. Im building a 550 trike but chain drive. Look into carb rebuild kits for it, buying another set off carbs doesnt always work, they might be gummed up as bad as yours.

Comment

Working...
        X