Speaking of trusted shops???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of trusted shops???

check out the pictures. I had this crank checked 600 miles ago for trueness. I was told it was max .001 runnout. NOt good. service limit is .004
    I have always preferred doing my own work cuz of problems when I get stuff back. I bought a dial gauge and checked this myself.

Last edited by katman; 02-21-2007, 12:19 AM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Ditto I would rather try it 3 or 4 times rather than pay someone to do it wrong once.

Comment

You used the words "trust" and "shop' in the same sentence? I've never heard of such a thing...

Of course, I have no idea about your current situation -- I don't know if something could have or did happen to your crank after installation or if it must have been that way when the shop got done.

There are still a few things you just can't do at home, like most machine shop work, unfortunately. Most shops still don't seem to realize or care that they're working on virtually irreplaceable components.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

My next plan is a mill/lathe and a mig welder
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
        X