Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEAFOAM - You used it ?? - fill me in ---- How much smoke did you get ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getsum View Post
    Man I am a SEAFOAM FAN.....
    Did you notice a significant difference in performance?
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I am going to ride it more tomorrow - but

I have to say YES - in the acceleration.

Comment

mine was starting very hard, i knew the carbs needed cleaning but i didnt have time that week to do it, so to get me through the 2 weeks until i had time i put some in the gas tank. Bike started normal after i ran it through. great stuff, dont expect it to make your carbs as clean as a tear down but definatly makes a big difference. I run it every 3rd tank on the bike, and every season a few times on the sled.

Comment

reply from Seafoam

The following is a reply I received from d.davis@seafoamsales.com at Seafoam to my inquiry of concern about the effects on my wet clutch:

"Sea Foam is a blended OIL to clean OLD OIL RESIDUE and DRY MOISTURE.

Use 1 1/2 ounces Sea Foam for each quart of capacity.

Monitor the color and clarity of your oil at self set timed or mileage intervals to determine when your oil should be changed.

Great for your wet clutch!"

---I won't bet the farm (or my GS) on it though!--

Randy

Comment

I have seen old oil residue.....but what does Dry Moisture look like? .

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Love it!

Okay, I picked up an '88 Kawasaki KZ1000P police bike last November. It was left outside for over 2 years and hadn't been run in as long. Got it running after about 3 hours of fiddling and the Seafoam did wonders cleaning out the fuel system. I did not use it in the crankcase. I have used it in my cars crankcases. My wife has a ZX2 that idles really rough. I add a can in the fuel tank and half a can in the crankcase with an oil change and she smooths right out. Yes, I will see an increase in performance as well as fuel economy. Perhaps 10% and some of that may be attributed to nice clean oil. I highly suggest trying it, but be careful and don't overdoo it.

Comment

"Dry Moisture"!!! Could this be a sanitised sales pitch describing RUST?
                The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
                  "Dry Moisture"!!! Could this be a sanitised sales pitch describing RUST?
                  I think that dry moisture is moisture that has'nt matured yet and is not old enough to be called "wet" yet!It's virgin moisture.

Comment

Working...
                  X