No announcement yet.

Help Wont Turn Over Only Clicks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you turn the key to the on position do you get any of the idiot lights?
    When you hit the starter switch doesthe lights dim and the click happen?

It sounds like either a bad earthing problem or a flat battery (yes I know that it's a new one!)

Have you cleaned all the connector's and cable joints?

Do also remember that the bike's been sat for a little while now so will need a little bit of TLC.

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
    1983 GS(X)1100ESD
    2002 GSF1200K1

Comment

hey man,
      got your pm, so you know the engine's not frozen as you can turn in by wrench. Have you tried starting it with a jump from a non-running car battery? I've had sucess with that occasionally just to get it turning? it sounds like your battery may not have quite the juice it reads on the voltmeter, can you get it to a checker or somewhere that can check the load on the battery, cranking amps and all that?

aside from that, since you were just messing with the starter, you know it's possible that something didn't line up right. I'd say pull the starter entirely, check it out thuroughly, then maybe clamp it in the vice and power it up, see if it even cranks? you said it was just rebuilt, no? maybe they didn't get it quite right. Heck, sometimes just reinstalling it might make the difference even if you can't see an obvious mistake?

keep trying there buddy, you'll have a great bike when it does work!!

Comment

Working...
      X